All external scholarships, awards and competitions are ordered according to the closest deadline. If you have any questions about these scholarships, please refer to their respective links
The Mike Lawrence Scholarship
The Mike Lawrence Scholarship is designed to assist undergraduate and graduate students who have a relationship with the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute. There is a preference for African Americans as well as for students who are involved in the institute’s Student Ambassador Program.
Steinger, Iscoe & Greene Law Scholarship for Child Advocates
Application Deadline: Spring Semester- November 30 - Fall Semester- July 31
Open to applicants who is open to dedicated students who meet either of the following criteria:
-You have personally worked to protect children's rights or stop abuse either as a volunteer, as a counselor, in your professional work or by legal means.
-You are an abuse survivor who wishes to use your own experiences to help others.
College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Law Student Writing Competition
Submission Deadline: January 15, 2018
First prize - $2,000; Second prize - $1,500; Third prize - $1,000
Zehl & Associates $2000 Scholarship
Deadline: May 30, 2018
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the fall of 2018 academic year.
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution.
- For applicants under 18, you must have permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Must apply to the contest via email and provide your name, address, and the name of the institution you are attending or plan to attend.
- Must provide your video (YouTube) and written essay (PDF format preferred) by the deadline of May 30, 2018.
- A winner will be chosen on June 13, 2018.