David C. Johnson
Professor Johnson received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of North Dakota in 1959. He also was licensed as a certified public accountant at that time and commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army Finance Corps. In 1961 he received his Juris Doctor in Law, also from North Dakota. Professor Johnson was editor-in-chief of the North Dakota Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. After two years in the service, primarily at Headquarters Third Army, he accepted a graduate fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania School of Law, obtaining the Masters of Law with emphasis in taxation. From 1963 to 1970 he taught at Emory School of Law in Atlanta, from 1970 to 1974 at the University of Oklahoma College of Law, and from 1975 to 2004 at Southern Illinois University School of Law.
Over the years Professor Johnson taught at many continuing legal education seminars, receiving commendations in the early years from Georgia and Oklahoma. He also participated in numerous ABA-AALS law school inspections. He served as an advisor to the Southern Illinois University Foundation. He was co-founder of the SIUC Morris Library Board of Visitors, and is a past president and strong friend of the University Library support group.