Academic Honors Program
The School of Law Academic Honors Program provides an intellectually challenging academic experience to select entering students and to those who have performed near the top of their law school class.
- Advance registration and class selection;
- Scholarship to help pay for other expenses excluding fees;
- Guaranteed enrollment in the capstone course--an honors-only senior project;
- Exclusive networking and mentoring opportunities with faculty, alumni, or other professionals;
- Honors Program designation and recognition with
Along with all SIU Law students, those in the Academic Honors Program also may:
- Obtain additional scholarship opportunities based on selected areas of interest;
- Work as a research or teaching assistant during second- and
- Serve as staff members and editors on the SIU Law Journal;
- Compete nationally in our award-winning Moot Court Programs;
- Participate in a legal clinic or field placement experiences.
Admitted students will be notified of their eligibility for the Academic Honors Program by the Office of Admissions prior to the deadline for paying a deposit to join SIU’s
In addition, students who were not originally eligible for the program but whose cumulative GPA is 3.50 or higher would be eligible to join the program.
To learn more, contact the Office of Admissions.